Thursday, September 26, 2019

Great Black and White Photographers Part 3


 I chose Sebastiao Salgado because I felt that he took real photos of hard truths that some people can't even imagine. For example the photo to the left is a picture Salgado took of a mine in Brazil, this photo describes the awful conditions and labor that the workers go through in days work.Serra Pelada gold mine  In this photo I see the bags of rocks being passed up the lines of the hardest workers. I smell the terrible odor from the hundreds of sweaty bodies in the mine. I hear the grunts of the workers as they haul bags of dirt and rocks up the mine. I taste the kicked up dirt in my mouth as if I was a worker in the mine. I feel the bag of rocks on my back as I use all my energy to walk up the mine. Refugees in the Korem camp In this photo I see the endless miles of dirt ahead of me. I hear the wind bring dirt and sand up off the ground hitting my blanket. I smell the dirtiness of my blanket. I taste the sand in my mouth and the sweat that rolls into my mouth from my forehead. I feel the hot air and wind brush against my face.



I would like to show the world my great photographer by creating a slideshow or website that only shows his photos and where they were taken, I don't want to ever distract the viewers focus away from his photos. I simply want them to just see the photo and interpret how they would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment