Friday, September 20, 2019

Africa and Abandoned Theme Parks

1. I found it very interesting that Nick Brandt only shoots in Africa. I also found it interesting that he used to shoot music videos for Micheal Jackson, Moby, and Jewel. Nick Brandt doesn't use telephoto lens, he would rather get dangerously close to these wild beasts, which I find extremely courageous.

2. Image result for nick brandt
3. I chose this photo as my favorite because lions are my favorite animal, and he does a great job of showing the pride in the kings of the Savannah.
4. I want to say that the rule of thirds applies to this photo because the lion in on the left third of the photo, but I'm not. sure if that's correct.
5. Brandt uses Pentax 67II with two lenses on medium-format black and white film without telephoto or zoom lenses.
6. Nick takes theses pictures to make the pictures look like artifacts so the viewers can feel like the animals are already long gone.
7. He hopes people will help preserve the animals homes.
8. "I'm not interested in creating work that is simply documentary or filled with action and drama, which has been the norm in the photography of animals in the wild. What I am interested in is showing the animals simply in the state of Being. In the state of Being before they are no longer are. Before, in the wild at least, they cease to exist. This world is under terrible threat, all of it caused by us. To me, every creature, human or nonhuman, has an equal right to live, and this feeling, this belief that every animal and I are equal, affects me every time I frame an animal in my camera. The photos are my elegy to these beautiful creatures, to this wrenchingly beautiful world that is steadily, tragically vanishing before our eyes."

Theme Parks

Gulliver's Kingdom, Japan:
I would enjoy visiting this Amusement park and shooting photos here because of the scary/ screen scenery that takes place here. Reading the backstory of the stage things that have happened at the park also interests me to visit this park. I would not enjoy the Suicide Forrest because it is rumor that people feel insane visiting it and end up ending their lives.

Other Creepy Amusement Parks:
1. Abandoned Soviet Submarine Base - Pacific Submarine Fleet Nuclear Shelter, Pavlovsk, Russia
2. Germany Military Hospital - Beelitz, Germany
3. Kiev Subway Tunnel - Kiev, Ukraine
4. Sorrento Abandoned Mill - Sorrento, Italy
5. 107 year old Floating Forrest - SS Ayrfield in Homebush Bay, Sydney, Australia 
Image result for sorrento abandoned mill
I would enjoy taking photos at the Sorrento Abandoned Mill in Sorrento, Italy because of the vegetation that has grown over the building's structure. I would take pictures of the arched windows. I also would use the arched windows as a framing element in my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment