Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Selfies and shutterbug websites

The official definition of a Selfie is 'a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically taken with a smartphone or webcam and shared via social media.'

Self portraits are said to convey art or a message. Rather than just capturing a moment in time like a selfie, a self portrait is to capture a whole scene and its mood described by the artist or photographer.
I prefer a self portrait because of what it means. A self portrait has more meaning and action capture in a photograph. I feel that a selfie is an unprofessional attempt of a self portrait.

I believe that self portraits are more valuable than selfies because they provide a message rather just a face to look at. Self portraits provide something to read in the picture, you get a chance to really interpret what the photographer was trying to convey in the photograph.



Shutterbug websites

DIY Photography:
DIY Photography's intent is to share and spread news, stories, interviews, and articles about photography. They write about unique photographers, for example this title from a article written on January 14, 2020 "This Photographer Took A Selfie Everyday For 20 Years To Make This 8-Minute Time-lapse. An average view could learn or view multiple new things regarding photography. I wouldn't add this website to my bookmarks because the website isn't pleasing for me to click around.
I would recommend this website to people who are interested in unique photography.  I rate this website a 3 because I enjoy what they share but I dislike the look and feel of the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment